Movfor 200mg Capsules is approved for restricted emergency use in India to treat adult patients affected with COVID 19, with SpO2>93%, or with a high risk of disease progression or hospitalization.
Movfor 200mg Capsules has its active agent as Molnupiravir, a prodrug that is metabolized to the ribonucleoside analogue N-hydroxycytidine (NHC) which distributes into cells where it is phosphorylated to form the pharmacologically active ribonucleoside triphosphate (NHC-TP).
NHC-TP acts by a mechanism known as viral error catastrophe. NHC-TP insertion into viral RNA by the viral RNA polymerase results in an accumulation of errors in the viral genome leading to inhibition of replication and thereby controls the spread and growth of the virus in the body.
Movfor should be administered as soon as possible after a diagnosis of COVID-19 has been made and within 5 days of symptom onset. The recommended dose of Movfor is 800 MG (four 200 mg capsules) taken orally every 12 hours for 5 days. It is not recommended to patients less than 18 years of age, pregnant women, for patients requiring immediate hospitalization due to COVID 19.
Take the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Movfor inhibits the viral replication.
It is used to treat adult patients affected with COVID 19, with SpO2>93%, or with a high risk of disease progression or hospitalization.
Movfor is restricted in pregnant ladies as it may cause fetal harm.
These are a few undesirable effects of the medicine:
dizziness, headache, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, rash, urticaria
· Movfor can be taken with or without food with sufficient amounts of liquids preferably water.
· The tablet should not be opened, crushed, or chewed.
· It may cause hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of its components.
· In case you skip the dosage take the medicine as soon as possible within 10 hours of time and resume normal dosing schedule.
· If it is more than 10 hours the patient should not take the missed dose, instead take the next dosage and retain to normal schedule.
· Do not overdose with the skipped dose and next dose.